Thursday, October 27, 2011

Synchronicity in writing and the world.

Well the NaNoWriMo starts Tuesday morning at 12:o1 AM- which means about 130,000 people world-wide will be pecking out a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. Quite an event. Last year was my first and I succeeded, but here it sits, untouched since November 30th 2010.

It was a book about society melting down due to a computer game. It rambled here and there, my character development was fair, my plot good, but the ending- the ending was tagged after 51, 300 words. Where I ended it, has become reality!

Looking to the streets today, would be to read my novel. Although the destruction has not yet begun in real life, the description of the encampments are eerily precise and the reason for these riots are as I wrote- monetarily inspired by envy of those who work hard.

It bothers me that this synchronicity is so precise that I almost wonder if God Himself is looking upon me and taking His cue to teach us some benevolent lesson using the stick as the teacher, and our calm society as the child- the children are acting up, and what else can He do.

Not all of us can be rich. Not all of us can have Ph.D's. Some of us will suffer. Most of us will just get along. All of us though should take personal responsibility for our stations in life here in America where the Pursuit of Happiness is guaranteed. But what is pursued is a choice made by individuals. Happiness is not a Right, rather a result. The pursuit is a right and if happiness is never found, we should not blame others, whether they pursued ill gotten happiness or not. Their gains, unless directly linked to our failures, really have no baring on how we live our lives.

There are grounds for anger if let's say your savings where lost or stolen, but if your pursuit never climbed out of self-indulgence, and 30 years later, after waking up you find yourself lacking the basic elements of life, does it really matter that some scum bucket paid himself a billion dollars from insider trading? Would it have affected your life, my life?

I think not.

So, to correct this social meltdown from where I ended my NaNo Novel, I have to re-write a 50,000 word ending with an outcome behooving an end to all this strife - world wide. If God is watching, I believe what I write "will occur" and that "occurrence" will be our future as a species.

Quite frankly, I no not know what I'll write, but I doubt it will end well for the vast majority of us, and those who did not participate in this envy driven mayhem- one day might remember these days as the dark ages of modern times.

Or we will live happily ever after.

Just depend on what Trent finds at that truck and where it might lead him.

Trent is my main character, the truck is where I ended the first book. Behind him was chaos as we see today all over this planet.

So odd.

This NaNo Novel will be the sequel. An extrapolation of what it was and what is to come.

50,000 words in thirty days so I'm fairly certain the streets will not calm down for at least 30 more days, and the world, no peace, no resolution until I finish. On that, I'm certain.

I'll write a pause just so the world take a breathe, but only a pause.

Good luck on all your NaNo Novels out there, let's buddy-up come November 1st, 12:01 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment